Bird Mite Infestation Forums Questions How do I Move and Not Take The Bird Mites WIth Me?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      agreco
      Participant

Thanks for all the information I have found on this website and in these forums. I have been fighting a body and home infestation for 18 months.

The bites were misdiagnosed by 4 doctors as food allergies so the infestation now has deep roots. I have bombed, fumigated and now tented my home but they persist and attack me constantly. I have moved three times but they follow me: car, clothing etc. I have tried Permethrin and Ivermectin but neither helped.

My question is: is there a protocol/procedure for cleansing my body and moving to a new rental without reinfesting the next condo??? Thanks

NotMentalinMichigan
      Participant

I tried watching everything with bleach water, boxing and sealing all edges of the boxes. Anything that involved any type of material I sprayed with rubbing alcohol and sealed it inside bags. Some I used the vacuum seal bags some I use three layers of trash bags with the tops tied and sealed 100% And then into another bag with same into another bag with same. I left those bags sealed for 4 months. The airtight bags I made sure they did not get air in them daily you left them sealed as well for four months. When I moved I used a steamer that gets 250 + degrees and all of my wooden furniture which pretty much destroyed the same. My new couch and chair I took to storage and they have been there for 3 months. I will wait for it to freeze for 30 days straight and then do eight treatments (spray every other day) with Premo Guard BEFORE I bring them to my new place. I truly do not even want to bring them here but they are brand new and I cannot afford to replace them. I am $5,600 into this nightmare that started two weeks after the pandemic. I have thrown everything away except my wooden furniture and 2 bags of clothing, two blankets out of 9, two sets of sheets out of 15. Most my clothes and all my blankets and all my sheets are made of polyester. I do not keep any Linen in my house that consist of cotton if I can help it. One bag of clothes was brought to my new house with me to start. My new house was becoming infected because I was infected. I am slowly winning I think I hope I pray with using Premo Guard on the walls ceiling carpet office chair and 3 cups per wash machine leaving them soak for 24 hours in it before washing and then they go straight into a trash bag after 180 minutes drying in my home dryer or 60 Minutes at the laundromat. For my body I am currently using a full regiment and pray I am winning; I use for cups straight KleenGreen in a full bathtub of as hot of water as I can stand soaking till water starts to get cold. I drain the tub standing there Then I scrub my body head to toe including hair with sulfur soap. I rinsed that with this hot water as I can stand. I then spray head to toe with diluted 1 to 4 parts chlorine bleach and I find the only Clorox brand of bleach works. When I do not feel anything crawling any longer I rents in as hot water as tolerable. I then wash with the new washcloths in Dr.Teal’s foaming body wash eucalyptus & spearment.rinse followed by a thick coating of Herbal Essences 3 in 1 Tea Up hair conditioner head to toe. After this I rinse lightly I do not scrub off. As I’m getting out of the shower I pour bleach into the Basin of the tub and spray the shower walls and shower curtain with straight bleach as I’m stepping out out of the shower I spray the floor where I’m stepping out onto with bleach and step out into the bleach I dry off with paper towels. I usually use almost the whole roll with one shower I throw the paper towels down into the bleach water on the floor as I’m using them. Once I am dried off I take a new wad of paper towels and I use all of them on the floor under the wad to drive the floor scooping all the paper towels into a trash bag twisting the bag up and sealing with a double knot. I then use Arrid Extra Dry spray under my arms under my breast and my entire bottom area. I stand outside of the bathroom and spray Lysol disinfectant all over the walls countertop floor. I then shut the bathroom door and shut off the light and do not enter the bathroom until the next day. I am blessed to have two bathrooms so I don’t have to use the toilet in there until the following day. I go into my kitchen as I do not stand on carpet ever! I air dry and I put on my clothing for bed straight from the dryer that I washed and put in the dryer when I’m headed for the bathroom for the shower. I go straight to bed where I cope my feet in Vicks Vapor Rub. Before I put my clothing in the dryer and get in the shower and make my bed straight from the dryer which also soaked in the Premo guard drying for 180 minutes and I sprinkle tea tree essential oil therapeutic grade on the sheets and put a top sheet over it. I then run a diffuser with a mixture of tea tree and cedar oil all night long. I turn on a small lamp in my TV as I never sleep in the dark anymore. This tactic I have almost who won the battle after 10 months of pure infested hell lots of Trials and errors many doctors I’ve been told I’m crazy have been laughed at by bug people at MSU. I found a dermatologist who at first was treating me like I was nuts and treated me for times for scabies and I finally went in and sat down face-to-face with the man and told him exactly what I felt about his behavior and how more and more people in Michigan are having this issue and that someday he’s going to have to face it and learn and educate himself. I asked for Ivermectin which I have my second dose sitting here I’m going to take just as soon as I am done re bagging my newly clean clothes as I just got done dealing with my storage unit throwing everything except for my couch and chair in the trash. I no longer eat sugar because I am a diabetic and whenever I eat sugar I can feel these things going insanely crazy. When I am hungry in the evening now I eat cooked asparagus, or broccoli, or garlic stuffed olives which are amazing awesome in the fight. If I could find some pickled garlic I would eat it like it was candy but I cannot find any on the shelves at the store and I have not had time to make my own otherwise I would. I went through a divorce in part due to this. My husband has them in his house but they do not affect his skin any longer but used to. I finished College while I was working full-time and fighting this every second of the day I had left over. I actually found myself having 3 hours of open time this week. I’m getting ready to open my last five boxes that I sealed when moving that I could not bring myself to throw away because there’s so much sentimental value inside of them. I’m going to stand here with my Premo guard as I open them and spray every single thing thick ! Primo guard says to use 1/4 cup per machine full of laundry but I did not get results until I was using 2 to 3 cups depending on what I was washing. If it’s thick material like sweatshirt or bedding I use 3 cups and I soak everything I washed for a minimum of 1 hour in the Premo guard in hot water. Dry for 180 minutes if I’m using my home dryer. My hair no longer crawls but I know that I still have some in there cuz I feel it occasionally. Most time I’m having a problem now is after I’ve been in my car. I’ve got to find a solution for my car! We are now getting into frigid temperatures here in Michigan which I’m hoping will help and seems to until I have to turn on the heater of the vehicle. This will be my next battle. You should know that the bigger the order Premo guard the bigger the discount. It’s super hard and I don’t know how I’m going to do the next round because my last round my sister sent me 12 gallons at once. I’m about 2 gallons shy which means I will have to buy them at 59 99 each. I will though. I have learned that what works one week will not work the second week so I have four different treatment setups that I rotate through. This one is the number one most effective treatment of all! I will say that my old apartment was a factory that they converted into apartment on a river and I had a pup. She was on every preventative there was available and she was infested. The Vets continuously told me there’s no way even after I showed them videos of hair going across the floor or lint going across the floor by itself. Living in an apartment the pup could not get away from the hell. I found a beautiful couple that has Countryside living and they took her so that she could get away from the bird mites. The last time they allowed me to contact them she was getting better. Out of all of things this depressed me the most and broke my heart. I battled depression all the time now and I’ve never had depression ever before. I have not seen my granddaughter since March because she has had open heart surgery twice as well as my mom who has had open heart surgery. I refuse to expose them. After reading as much as I have read I know that if you have a low immunity you will fight this. My daughter has exposed herself by helping me because she says she cannot feel this and it does not affect her. I myself cannot be around fleas or anything like that because I can’t seem to fight them off just like this stuff. These things communicate I don’t care what anybody says I know they communicate. And they fight back. One thing I am absolutely 100% sure about is that I am not crazy as I have met for other people in Michigan who are dealing with this same exact thing. They follow my regiment and they too are slowly getting better. The sad thing is I don’t know how much longer I will be able to afford this treatment. It is way sad that the of Kleen Green and PremoGuard charge such a fortune for their products. I understand that they need to make money but what about the people who suffer from this nightmare that cannot afford their product. Therapeutic grade essential oil is also outrageous. I also drink Brown cider vinegar twice a day 3 tablespoons in the morning 3 tablespoons at night. I would like to also mention that in April I shaved my head bald. I am a female. People thought I’d lost my cookies. If you have any questions please feel free to email me at Frosti_Robin@yahoo.com

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Birdmites.
        johndoe
        Participant

Everything you own asked to be cleaned like 10 times a day it’s worthless. Take nothing freezing them doesn’t bother them at all they bite the Daylights out of you in the middle of winter outside at my trucks I store at a chicken farm. 3 tablespoons Arm & Hammer laundry soap 3 tablespoons borax 32 oz of water to load it dissolve it for 20 seconds I poured over my head it’s painless stop stand for many many people that were at this for him for many years I leave it on for 3 to 8 minutes then rinse then use 32 oz of water in a tablespoon of coconut oil over my head to my toes and leave it on overnight. Rinse is right out of your hair and 1 shampoo and your hair will look like you’re 16 years old again and it puts up a shield and the bugs don’t like you anymore it’s about 95% effective for keeping them off you. It doesn’t work if you use straight coconut oil I found only diluted Coconut Oil 32 oz of water and 1 tbsp coconut oil any kind. Drink some to half an ounce of day it cures disease is about 500 of them look it up first clinics got all kinds of cures first clinic.com. That’s where I learned about Ted’s mange cure one bottle of peroxide 16 oz 32 oz of water in 2 tablespoons of borax apply to skin after shower where it’s hitching it stops the itch in 3 minutes God bless you pray hard Gods the Healer. PS baking soda used like Carpet Fresh all over everything makes the bug dry out in Thai very cheap very easy very easy to clean up and non-poisonous. Not store a lot of stuff throw it out live simple get rid of this bug call me anytime this is Bill email me at Joe 1769 at yahoo.com

johndoe
        Participant

Everything you own has to be to be cleaned like 10 times a week Take nothing freezing them doesn’t bother them at all they bite the Daylights out of you in the middle of winter outside at my trucks I store at a chicken farm. 3 tablespoons Arm & Hammer laundry soap 3 tablespoons borax 32 oz of water to load it dissolve it for 20 seconds I poured over my head it’s painless stop stand for many many people that were at this for him for many years I leave it on for 3 to 8 minutes then rinse then use 32 oz of water in a tablespoon of coconut oil over my head to my toes and leave it on overnight. Rinse is right out of your hair and 1 shampoo and your hair will look like you’re 16 years old again and it puts up a shield and the bugs don’t like you anymore it’s about 95% effective for keeping them off you. It doesn’t work if you use straight coconut oil I found only diluted Coconut Oil 32 oz of water and 1 tbsp coconut oil any kind. Drink some to half an ounce of day it cures disease is about 500 of them look it up first clinics got all kinds of cures first clinic.com. That’s where I learned about Ted’s mange cure one bottle of peroxide 16 oz 32 oz of water in 2 tablespoons of borax apply to skin after shower where it’s hitching it stops the itch in 3 minutes God bless you pray hard Gods the Healer. PS baking soda used like Carpet Fresh all over everything makes the bug dry out in Thai very cheap very easy very easy to clean up and non-poisonous. Not store a lot of stuff throw it out live simple get rid of this bug call me anytime this is Bill email me at Joe 1769 at yahoo.com PS sorry about my speech-to-text it’s definitely mixed up a couple words I’m trying to edit it but it’s like impossible I’m trying to edit words but I can’t even see the whole the word wrap is not working I can’t get to the words when I go back to edit sorry I hope the moderator sees this problem this is impossible I’ll write this letter next time in a document tasted sorry if it’s too long a big problem this bug treated like it’s in an ant.. In just. And baking soda. And so. In oil mineral oil coconut oil any oil. Don’t sleep in the bed if you think the beds infested. Sleep on a piece of plastic on the floor missed it with the coconut oil water 1 tbsp / 32 oz in a sprayer bugs can crawl over oil they’re too small works great never got bit in the nighttime after I learned that. They live on the ceiling spray to ceiling coconut oil water stops them. When you move don’t take your stuff living in it don’t give it to anybody they will never know how thankful they are not to have this bug if it bothers them it does not fight everybody. It goes after certain people it’s worthless telling people about it. They don’t really even want to know because it doesn’t bother them they’ll think you’re nuts. Many are the afflictions of the righteous but the Lord delivers them of them all

johndoe
        Participant

You sure can ask God first he’s the mighty warrior that’s going to set us free from the grave. By faith in his son Jesus The Only Name under Heaven by which you must be saved. Covering everything and baking soda definitely drives them out and kills them. Sometimes you have to advance to soaking them in Arm and Hammer powdered laundry soap one cup per gallon of water. For the skin go to the shower put on the shampoo lather it up take three tablespoons of Arm & Hammer powdered laundry soap and three tablespoons of borax and put them in a 32 oz bottle of hot water just medium hot so you can feel the difference as it’s going on. Pour that into your shampoo lather, rub it head to toe all over you leave it on 3 to 8 minutes and rinse off. Anything still itches use Ted’s main scare five tablespoons borax one cup of water one cup of peroxide put that on any areas that it’s it’ll stop it in about 3 minutes or less if it doesn’t repeat in 20 minutes if it doesn’t go away for weeks keep putting it on the area that keeps itching everyday it’s on your back squeeze it down over your back and rub your back against the shower wall. It’ll go away. If it’s still persist use benzoyl peroxide 2.5% is the most effective it’s made by acme.org cost 20 bucks for a gigantic tube last year forever. Most people on the form when I was here back in 2010 all got cured from that benzyl peroxide. It’s painless it has no smell if you buy it from acme.org. if it’s still persist put back to dine on it that’s providone and iodine mixed together sold it every Pharmacy in the United States put a little drop of it on a circle around on the area that’s affected maybe 2 in wider it two helps. Call if you need anything this is Bill at email doe 1769@yahoo.com

johndoe
        Participant

Best to take as little as possible I cover all my papers in dry baking soda. The bug doesn’t live very well in baking soda I throw it all over the room if they’re in it I started the ceiling let it float down then Dust everything off with a Swiffer or big feather duster and then vacuum up it kills them they come back the next day sometimes I repeat and then after a while they don’t come back. For my skin three tablespoons borax and three tablespoons Arm and Hammer powdered laundry soap in 32 oz of water dilute for about a minute. Then I lather up with Main and body shampoo on my head spread the lather all over meat head to toe and then pour on the borax and Arm and Hammer laundry soap next year Levon for 3 to 8 minutes it doesn’t burn or staying or anything if it gets in Cuts sometimes the cuts burn when it has soap and it big deal. Now you know you got to bite there. Usually stops all the itch if it doesn’t I apply Ted’s mange cure which is one cup peroxide one cup water and five tablespoons of borax I apply that to the area about three to four inches wider than the bite it clears it up in a week or two stops the itch in about 30 seconds to 3 minutes if not I reapply in 20 minutes. God bless you hope this helps right back anytime this is Bill at Deldoe1769@yahoo.com

delusional_mite
      Participant

I want help moving and decontaminating but no one understands because I have been diagnosed delusional. They want me to box and move. Tell me not to throw out everything. Help me with ideas. I can’t do this alone.

johndoe
        Participant

Please forgive some of the speech to text errors. That’s a long letter to type out at this time of night.

NewJersey201
      Participant

Totally trying to understand the same thing. If anyone has had any experiences that you can share with us, we would all greatly appreciate it.

NotMentalinMichigan
      Participant

I ended up throwing away every single thing I owned. 18000.00 later I started healing. Soaking myself 3x a day in GreenKleen.
      I am 15 months clean.
      I also was told I was mental. I don’t care what people say, I KNOW what I LIVED through.
      Throw it all out!

NewJersey201
      Participant

Thanks, NMMichigan,

I know you are not mental! My doctors, etc. also didn’t believe me but I know what I went through too. I am sorry you had to go through that but I appreciate the feedback. It is helpful.

johndoe
        Participant

You’re right throw it all out unless you want bugs every time you go to get an old item out of a closet or storage facility or old car or truck. Get rid of it all. Otherwise buried all in baking soda and add some more everyday because they crawl up on top of the baking soda and start doing their thing but now I throw some more down and it stops all day. After a while it dries them all out and they die and then I get many many many months and weeks a peace and quiet until I pick another one up out of the park a tree some animals they can be anywhere. So I go to the shower put my clothes in the waste paper basket of plastic half a cup Arm and Hammer laundry soap powdered version only it can change sodium carbonate which melts gooey substances bugs are gooey. I put my clothes in there I take a shower. I’m glad they’re up with my shampoo called Main and body shampoo I get it all over me and I take a teaspoon of coconut oil and put it in a glass of warm water and pour it all over my head and all over everywhere on me and rub it around leave it for 3 to 8 minutes and then rinse well. The oil in the water soaks into the skin and kills them. If you still itch I always just use Ted’s main cure which is one peroxide two cups water two tablespoons of borax it doesn’t burn it doesn’t Sizzle it doesn’t smell you can’t tell if it’s water or what it is and it stops the itching about 2 minutes maybe even 30 seconds. And it heals up the cuts and it’s cheap God bless you God is the Healer pray to him he is marvelous

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe for up-to-the-minute info when we get it...

* indicates required

Bird Mite Product categories

Helpful Resources

Treatment Protocols

Find a qualified exterminator

Frequently asked questions

Infestation tips & strategies

Share your story

Help support birdmites.org with a donation

Click or tap to donate

Recommended Treatment Provider

We recommend you use a licensed professional to address a bird mite problem. Don’t wait or the problem will get much worse and more expensive to treat. We have a list of pest control companies that are specifically qualified to treat bird mites.

• They come to your house for no charge and give a free estimate.
  • Even if you decide not to use them, you get free professional advice.
  • Most pest control companies have never dealt with bird mites before. You need to use a bird mite specialist.

Follow this link to find a Qualified Local Exterminator near you.

Keep in mind that if bird mites are not treated correctly, even if the correct chemicals are used, they can become resistant to those chemicals. Don’t use a pest control company unless they have extensive experience treating bird mites.

Also, many of our readers have followed up with (or used outright) natural solutions and pesticide-free, such as on our Treatments Protocols page Follow this link to that page.

Natural and DIY Solutions

In addition to local exterminators, we offer a list of other natural, non-pesticide and/or do-it-yourself products that we have found helpful on our Treatments Protocol page.  Follow this link to the Treatments Protocols page.

Pin It on Pinterest